View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 20:27   #14
BYTHEWAY
Inactive

BYTHEWAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I had my new Virgin V Box installed today, Engineer took over Two Hours to finalise the installation, he seemed to be having a lot of problems setting it up.

When he had finished he asked if I knew how to operate the system? I told him No, he then proceeded to show me, which went completely over my head, but not to worry as i could view the manual at my leisure-NOT!!

I dont have any manuals said the Engineer, but it is quite straightforward, I will show you again, which he did, and once again was not registering within the old brainbox.

Not to worry, so he left, what i ad not realised was that there were no instructions for the remote either, No problem, I will use the help guides service, if can fathom out how to get to it?

Got to view the help guides, but the remote control they were using bore no resemblence to the "Telewest Broadband"? one that i was given? I coulld not use the volume buttons on this either as it made no impact at all when pressing Vol+ or Vol -

I telephoned Customer Service and complained , they apologised and said the manuals will be sent out soon but made no comment in respect of the remote control manual they did advise that there is a major outage which is why the volume wont operate and this will be fixed by 27th Feb.

Since then the Darn thing has constantly been freezing, and when attempting to view recodings kept requesting a a PIN which was not given to me, so i had to phone them up again last night, i now have my own PIN.

Whilst i appreciate Virgin are just starting up my experience so far is one of complete astonishment, if this is the way in which they intend to continue then i am sorry but I for one will not be remaining with then, I have sent them an E.Mail, which as yet has not bbeen acknowledged,
BYTHEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote