View Single Post
Old 29-07-2022, 16:44   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Do you actually need very fast broadband speeds?

We have just moved into a new-build house with FTTP. BT wanted to sell us 900Mbps but even with 5 of us (inc. 3 teenagers) we just don’t need that. We do however frequently stream to half a dozen devices simultaneously and I still have to Zoom from home from time to time so their 300/50 product seemed to fit the bill.

To be honest I can’t conceive of any circumstances that would need more than that - video streaming is getting more efficient even as picture quality improves. I guess near-gigabit speed is nice to have ready for when someone invents a web-based product that actually needs it, but I think my kids will all have grown up and left well before that happens.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote