Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2019, 17:01   #2634
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

I just want to remind people of the core issue here:

The Referendum result was LEAVE and the people who voted otherwise must accept that under democratic convention.

What kind of "leave" is much of what the argument is about here, but basically the Remainers want to use that bone of contention as a means of delaying (or indeed preventing) Brexit so that they can justify their call for a new referendum in the "light of what we know now".

We know now what a bunch of bullies the EU are when the British people vote to leave their so-called union. Remainers often say that this is to be expected because they are merely looking after their own interests. Quite so, but true colours, once exposed, don't encourage one to want to get close to them again, especially that perfidious Varadkar.

The Remainers claim that no-deal will be a disaster; they have no real idea if this will be the case; just Project Fear again. To me, sovereignty is the issue (whether or not it buys the biscuits). They can shove their Renaults, Citroens, BMWs and Mercedes where the sun don't shine. Ireland can stew in Varadkar's perfidious juices.

We have the opportunity of tearing up the WA, soundly rejected by Parliament and either starting again on a time limited programme or else leaving on 31-October.

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 25-05-2019 at 17:18.