View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 11:31   #870
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There is not a chance of Comcast ditching the Sky brand as its one of the most trusted and popular in this country.

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

But are you not ditching your pay TV packages? as you are giving us all that impression that one its doomed and two that there are many more streaming packages you are going to subscribe to which are far far cheaper according to the Official Old Boy comparison site.
Den, I've said quite a few times now that there will come a time when I expect to ditch those packages. I've considered this quite carefully recently. As you may remember, I currently have VM, Now TV, Netflix and Prime.

My wife is not happy using the different streaming services, going from one HDMI to another and accessing different watchlists. I also find it a bit of a pain, but I do like to have everything together under one watch list.

Another problem with using Now TV, apart from the lower picture quality, is the lack of subtitles, which we find handy with some programmes where the sound quality isn't that good.

The advantage of staying on Virgin's Full House package is that everything comes together. You can bookmark everything from Netflix, Starzplay and on demand, and shortly we will also get that ability for Prime as well. When Sky Atlantic finally arrives, I will ditch Now TV and get all the Sky stuff from Virgin.

I do have an issue with paying for all the junk on the pay tv channels just to watch a few programmes from that source, but if I did ditch that, I would lose other services from VM, such as the UHD channel and all the other UHD stuff that will be coming our way.

I think it is about time that Virgin introduced a new skinny package without penalty in these areas. I would happily pay for Sky One, Sky Witness, Sky Arts, Universal and Fox, but I don't want the other junk apart from factual channels Discovery, National Geographic, Smithsonian and Love Nature. An important consideration is to get all my services on one box with the best picture and sound quality as cheaply as possible.

Ultimately of course, all the Sky and factual stuff will be transferred to OTT services. If VM carried all of them, I would be a happy bunny..
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote