View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 15:22   #3299
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
It's not just the distance that's important but what's in the way.
The 2.4GHz band has a greater reach because it is less diminished by certain materials.
Personally my Hub 3.0 is around 20' away but only a ceiling intervenes.
My V6 is connected to the 5GHz band with 95-100% signal strength and a connection speed of 866Mbps.
That's interesting. So there is not just one straight forward rule on which band to use when setting up the Tivo.

I think that this should be made clear in the instructions for setting up V6 boxes, and when technicians do the installation, they should check that everything is working satisfactorily before they leave. In particular, they should check that you can actually watch programmes on your first box from your second box, and vice versa.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote