Thread: Superhub Connection dropping
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2017, 14:06   #1
Bgy
Inactive

Bgy is an unknown quantity at this point
Connection dropping

Been having problems with my internet for close to a week and wanted to post to get some advice for when the engineer visits tomorrow as I had a terrible experience on Thursday.

Tuesday night was the start of the issue when my connection went down completely. This was the network log with the connection down.

Had an engineer come out on Thursday and his first diagnosis was the coax cable which took him about an hour to replace, no luck. It was around about this time he was speaking about his other jobs for the night and how long he'd have to drive for, I could see he was trying to get away but I insisted he try and fix the issue he came to fix.

His next diagnosis was a faulty Hub, which he replaced and said we'd have to wait 2 hours for it to establish a connection .I called support after he left and was told he wasn't supposed to leave without fixing the job and we'd have another engineer visit but that could only be arranged for Monday.

Surprisingly during the early hours of this morning the connection went back up, however, it's not been stable. It's dropped 3 or 4 times and each time takes a good while to go back up. Network log has slightly different errors.

My guess is there isn't a fault within the house but I've really got no idea. My worry is if this isn't fixed on Monday we'll be without internet over the Christmas period when people will be over.

Appreciate any replies and help
Bgy is offline   Reply With Quote