Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 22:24   #61
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I personally think the back to normal was a mistake. I believe they shoudl not have lifted mask rules and to a degree some from of social distancing should have been left in place. I am of ill health and will not go into a pub or a busy market and tbh I avoid shopping as much as I can. A week ago Monday I went to Aldi and it quite busy and I was the only one without a mask. It was like covid did not exist. Well it has not gone anywhere and it is still killing people a hell of a lot more than the flu

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

no some people do not give a toss about others. Why should I give a toss about them so make em wear a mask and fine em if they refuse I am all for it
Fully understand your health conditions, but you do have a choice not to go to a pub or a busy place (I would agree about avoiding crowds in general).

But this is again a situation of projecting ones own issues onto others. The majority of people are healthy and shouldn't be treated as though they are sick when a minority could take precautions, such as avoiding crowds, wearing surgical masks, if they feel they are at risk of being with others.

A fair amount of these "underlying conditions" may also affect people who have colds, flu, etc. Now I do totally agree that people who have an illness which they can spread to others should stay at home as much as possible, but we don't need mask mandates for this.

That argument also conveniently swerves those who are exempt from wearing a face covering, and aren't simply being cocks about it. And not all of those are physical - if someone was assaulted, and held over their mouth to prevent them shouting for help, that attack could traumatise them and a face covering may well trigger them.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote