Thread: General Olympics
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2021, 09:53   #6
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Olympics

I think that certain sports don't belong in the Olympics - soccer, rugby etc other than the quick smaller versions 5 a side/7's. It seems trying to squeeze in 90/80 minute games with just 2 teams in a full 2 week event is too much. The smaller format may allow more teams to compete and spectators could get to see multiple games within a time period.

I'd like to see field archery included along side target, especially 3D (shoot at models of animals). I think it would make interesting viewing. I'm biased being a toxophilite.

It is a shame about the changes needed because of Covid.

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
There would be constant whinging from the Scots and Welsh.

The thinking also goes that if GB/UK can form a team, then there would be pressure for that to continue in other competitions.

Rugby manages with individual teams and the Lions. And that includes the fun with the Irish being from either side of "the border".