View Single Post
Old 13-09-2019, 09:14   #6183
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Our chest freezer lasted 35 years, compressor was still running but lacked freeze. I guess the refrigerant had leaked or a valve had failed.

The larder fridge is still going, about the same age but recently the thermostat failed so I replaced it with a small digital temperature controller. A replacement thermostat was silly money and I had several of these controllers on the shelf from a previous contract.

P6100

My mother had a Frigidair fridge that was about 40 years old when it failed. Turned out to be a dirty contact in the starter. I cleaned that up and then it ran for many more years until the plastic interior started to break up.