View Single Post
Old 15-07-2019, 07:41   #71
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: UK ambassador to the USA resigns over leaked cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
...And yet it did fall into the wrong hands.

I'm sorry, but when being critical of anything at work, I always made damned sure of my facts and then penned very careful language to explain the situation.

This was a very overt, and for an ambassador, very undiplomatic outburst in respect of the President of the world's largest political power and our close ally. Had he used less hysterical language, he could have got the message across without causing such a reaction from The Donald.
Old Boy, you need to bring along more of that admirable approach when posting here.
1. It was not overt, it was highly confidential.
2. The langusge used was diplomatic ie very clear for busy people.
3. It wasn't an outburst, it was a series of reports compiled by the ambassador's team.
4. The Don is thin skinned so would likely be offended by anything less than praise.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote