View Single Post
Old 23-08-2017, 00:15   #189
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Well, I personally don't find Downs Syndrome funny and thought that his 'joke' at the expense of a child suffering from it to be going too far just to get a cheap laugh.

I agree that sometimes people may cause offence unintentionally with no malicious intent, in which case I would expect this to be pointed out to them. In return a retraction and apology will negate the need for more formal action, which I'm sure most right thinking people will do without a second thought.
Usually Frankie isn't taking the piss out of the down syndrome person but comparing someone else to them. It's these little differences that will be overlooked when the upset brigade start shouting requesting apologies and police action.

My personal opinion is unless more police are employed to pander to the getting upset over words brigade, let the police deal with real crime. Their numbers are decimated as it is. I would had to see a killer or rapist go free just because the police spent time chasing up a complaint by butthurt Bert who was called a name on the internet.

If we pander to everyone's feelings, eventually we may actually end up in the dystopian future Equilibrium showed us, where everyone takes a daily jab to suppress emotions, so no one gets mad or upset and no police time spent on hate crimes That slippery slope...

VPN wisely, including when signing up to sites and the email addresses used for them, and you can happily say what you want without having to censor yourself over fear (although board operators may think they are clever nerfing yoru account in various ways *waves*). Sad that things have headed this way. I personally loved the wild wild west way of the internet before 'normal people found out about it and started using things like facebook and forced modding down to the level of the person who gets the most upset and offended over everything.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote