Thread: Trespass
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2018, 21:07   #7
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Trespass

Hi Dave

I assume this is for your neighbours connection? Have you spoken with them/have they spoken to you about access? I have to say the gutter is a novel approach to getting a connection in without lifting the monoblock but I'm not sure if this actually constitutes trespass as no physical civils work has been carried out.

Also the previous suggestion that this single drop cable could cause a blockage is a bit ludicrous given the size of the cable compared to the gutter, if anything there is more chance of damage to the drop cable rather than issues of blockages in future.

Regardless, it would be best to chat with your neighbour first as if this is installed already then it would mean terminating their live service. You are correct that this issue may drag out, purely because the install has been carried out without causing any harm to the surrounding carriageway, it would have been different if the contractors had actually lifted monoblock or dug tar routes.

I'm hesitant to offer direct support here if you have gone to the CEO office already, too many cooks spoil the broth and all that! I genuinely think your best option is speak to your neighbour first and see what the situation is... unless of course you aren't on speaking terms! In which case I would wait until the CEO team get back to you, they are a great bunch and tend to respond quickly as they deal with all internal and PR communication.

HTH

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote