View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 13:26   #3343
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit-Transitional Period Ends 31/12/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm used to doing deals both in a big business and as a smaller or junior one. As a larger business, you can get a great deal and compel the other party to accept your TsandCs. As a smaller party, you're a bit of a deal-taker. I don't apply emotive language to describe the balance of power, I just get on and strike the best deal I can being aware of deadlines for sales reps' targets, competitors' offerings and taking my time to get the best possible deal so I never get bounced into a bad deal.
We're getting somewhere now. Btw, like you I'm experienced at doing deals from both sides of the 'bigness' fence. Of course I have blended the other side's suggestions with my needs and their desire for my product - and vice versa. It usually works out well as you've implied.

When it comes to the EU and its constituent willy-waving countries in the hands of idiot (doesn't best describe them) politicians coupled (in the UK case) with entrenched voters, don't expect the logical sentiments you have expressed to be fully applicable. Quite the contrary, in the case of the EU, their 27 willies are a huge distraction.

In the case of Japan, it's rather more like the way you describe it and even our idiot politicians will most likely reach a sensible deal this side of January.

Other countries will likely fit your scenario in terms of trade negotiations.

Just not the EU who are bullies, want their cake and eat it.

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-08-2020 at 14:31.