View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 13:04   #3342
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit-Transitional Period Ends 31/12/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Sadly, Andrew is mired in Remainerism and I told you so-ism.

I am astounded that someone should be so apologetic (for want of a more appropriate word) on behalf of the EU's unwillingness to recognise our sovereignty and also to describe the UK as "junior".

I understand his point about other parties holding certain cards to their advantage but he links this to "cake and eat it" when the only party wanting that is the EU.

I'm sure that we will have to give some ground on our desires vis-a-vis Japan, but once a trade deal is agreed, we'll all settle into its terms and move forward.

But the ground that the bullying EWU wants us to give is beyond the pale - supremacy of the ECJ? Andrew - what's wrong with you?
I'm used to doing deals both in a big business and as a smaller or junior one. As a larger business, you can get a great deal and compel the other party to accept your TsandCs. As a smaller party, you're a bit of a deal-taker. I don't apply emotive language to describe the balance of power, I just get on and strike the best deal I can being aware of deadlines for sales reps' targets, competitors' offerings and taking my time to get the best possible deal so I never get bounced into a bad deal.