Thread: General Wire TV
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 20:25   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Wire TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Thanks for that, and they got the rights to the 1996 Cricket World Cup. However, Wire TV closed down and Sportswire did not launch so the rights ended up with Sky with highlights in the BBC.

What other sports rights did Wire TV show?

And what other programmes did they show during their daytime hours because sport was shown, I believe, in a four-hour evening block, and what was shown during the local out-outs?

Also, I believe the channel was only on air between 1pm and 11pm. What was shown during the channel's downtime and did it share with other channel(s)?
When I fist got cable, Wire TV’s highlight seemed to be a fishing programme.

The channel really was the pits - I only watched something that was on there once and never went there again!

Maybe it had better days previously, in which case how could they let it deteriorate so badly?