Thread: General Wire TV
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 05:31   #3
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Wire TV

I have it listed as launching on 4th May 1993.

They also got the rights in 1994 to show Wimbledon tennis highlights each evening.

There is a clip sometimes show on 'It'll be Alright on the Night' where a phone-in viewer had problems understanding the quiz format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
When putting together a list of cable exclusive channels, I became more curious about Wire TV which was described as cable's flagship channel.

It was on air between 1992 and 1995 and this before I first got access to cable so I never had access to the channel. Does anyone remember the channel and what type of programming did the channel feature? I know it showed sport during the evening and that it was linked and presented live from a shopping centre.

I also believe that there were opt-outs for local cable companies to show their own programmes. What programming was shown during those opt-outs?
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote