View Single Post
Old 13-03-2019, 14:08   #5000
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I said somewhere at the beginning of this thread that I didn't see Netflix surviving into the long term, but with millions of new customers each month, I'm not so sure now. It will take one hell of a effort for Disney or anyone else to catch up with them.

The problem with Netfllix is where is their killer content? Ok, they have (or did) have House of Cards, Stranger Things and Lost in Space. Disney has Star Wars, Marvel and Mickey Mouse and those brands have lasted many decades now.

I don't think anyone here would disagree that Disney (and others) will be a major player in the streaming world and we'll just have to wait and see what, if any, will be the knock-on effect on Netflix.[COLOR="Silver"]
I don't think you can compare those franchises. That's like comparing apples with oranges. The example you gave for Netflix are all TV shows. Most of the Disney ones would be movies.

Netflix does really well on the tv shows it makes and get rights for. Sabrina, Russian Doll, After Life are some recent ones. Lost in Space and Stranger things have new seasons airing later this year.

There is only so much life in a movie, where as a tv series can easily be watched more times and you can go back to episodes. Well for me that's the case.