Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2020, 11:45   #403
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
All this is saying is that Disney+ won't be integrated as it will be on Sky. So what? Nor is Netflix or Amazon so integrated and we manage all right, don't we? This is Sky and others trying to make something out of nothing.

Anything I bookmark from Netflix or Amazon is included in 'My Shows'. When I look for that programme under 'My Shows', I click on it and it takes me straight in. That's as integrated as we need, isn't it?

The words 'mountains' and 'molehills' come to mind....
No it is saying that you can subscribe, but not on your Virgin Media box - you need to subscribe elsewhere - hence it states "The service will allow you to have access (on your TV if it’s compatible)". No TV is incompatible with Virgin Media, but not all Virgin Media subscribers will be able to watch Disney+ on their TV as they will not be getting it via Virgin Media.

They are instead saying that "You can use it on your phone on the go or separately on your Smart TV and other devices".

Netflix and Amazon only appear in "My Shows" because they are accessed via the Virgin Media box.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote