View Single Post
Old 17-04-2018, 20:12   #7992
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

[QUOTE=Raider999;35944021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why do you see streaming itself to be a gamble? If the Sky Sports channels and BT no longer showed Premiership football, wouldn't most subscribers simply move to the streaming service?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

But would they? How many people get Sky/BT sports for the premier league and how many watch it because they already have sports packages.

Even if 80% subscribe to streaming how much would each person have to pay to get as much money as PL do from Sky/BT then the streaming company would have to collect that money, advertise, pay for filming of each match.

I have a feeling streaming would be a disaster.

Don't forget Sky and BT have been paying a fortune per match to show the games - they treat it as a loss leader to keep people subscribing to the Sports Packages (don't forget you also have to pay for the basic channels most don't watch.

I know I wouldn't subscribe to BT Sports for the football, I only do for the Premiership Rugby and Cricket.
Fair points, Raider. There is, of course, the additional concern that many people still don't have the necessary broadband speeds, although there's nothing to stop them from creating linear channels until such time as our digital infrastructure is fit for purpose.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote