View Single Post
Old 24-04-2008, 09:44   #15
ceedee
cf.geek

Services: 100Mb VM Broadband
ceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Broadband speeds & Copyright 3 Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by info4u View Post
I would normally agree with you on the fact it may be issues with ITVs servers delivering the data, however when the data light stops and other pages that i then load such as Google, CableForum, Youtube or Facebook to name but a few don;t load and I get Page cannot be displayed, that then becomes a clean indication nothing is coming down the lines to me.

about 5 mins later the service comes back on.

I do agree it is rare in the whole of the 5yrs of service Ive had with Telewest/Virgin Media its only recently this is happening, more and more frequently
If it happens again, it would be very useful if you could do a netstat -a (here's how) and a tracert (a what?) to whichever website you can't reach, then copy both reports and post them back to this thread.

Quote:
could i also ask what you mean by SMT?
Subscriber Traffic Management: Basically VM's network can't cope with everyone accessing the internet at the same time.
ceedee is offline   Reply With Quote