View Single Post
Old 30-12-2021, 19:24   #5568
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Spiderman - 8/10

Really liked it. This is my favourite franchise of the MCU. It's the most fun and usually the least worried about everything being connected although this time it's clearly setting up the multiverse thing.

I knew that it would incorporate some of the old Spiderman films so I was worried it would be too much. I am not someone who especially looks for nods to previous films or worries about the lore of these things, I want a good film. I think worrying too much about serving the existing fan base holds franchises back (JJ Abrams Star Wars for example). Thankfully I think they pulled it off and the film stands on its own merits with the nods to previous films just adding to it.

Spoiler: 

I found the Aunt May death being this universe's Uncle Ben quite a powerful moment. It happening much later in the Spiderman story means we have time to know the character making the death more important.

Especially interesting that they inverted Spiderman's role in the death as well. Rather than resulting from him neglecting his 'responsibility', she dies because he took it on. It's sort of a shame they didn't really explore it being a catalyst for him to reject that responsibility now, being talked around by the other Spider-Men, but it's a nice flip.

Last edited by Damien; 30-12-2021 at 19:28.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote