View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 12:17   #751
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
As I think I may have jokingly said before, you need to talk VM into adding a DVD/Bluray player to the Tivo box

A bluray player is quite possibly the best option for just 'one extra box' alongside Tivo as I'm pretty sure you can get them with both Netflix and Amazon video. Many will allow you to change the DNS settings for use with Unblockus etc. They also have some catchup services (though those are covered by Tivo anyway). Some will also stream networked video via DLNA. And, of course, they will play any DVD/Bluray discs that you have.

The Amazon box is nice and small, but at full price, it is in the smart bluray price range which is capable of more.
Thank you, passingbat, that is very helpful. I intend to replace my existing DVD Player/Recorder soon, so perhaps this is an option worth considering.