Thread: US Timeline Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2019, 14:29   #182
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
they have hit the nail on the head and I was thinking the same thing before I even read the article. We talk about how successful the series is globally but it isn't going to be available in every country in the world and even those that can get it aren't necessarily going to have it on the day it airs in the US etc. It is only natural that when something is in the news that people take an interest and say "I want to see it as well". We are lucky that Sky shows it the same time that it airs in the US but I remember years ago (early 2000s) when everything was 1-4 weeks behind and they made a big thing and advertised it to death when 24 was on and they aired it "the day after the US". You could understand smaller countries with less money like Iceland not being able to afford it but you would have thought there are big enough broadcasters in India (given the population size) that could easily get it if they wanted to. When I went to Egypt a few years ago on hols they have their version of Sky One which was dedicated to all the current US series and it was broadcast through the Arab states.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote