Thread: US Timeline Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2019, 12:08   #181
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Given the popularity of the series and how widely accessible it is I am going to assume anybody who would want to see it has seen it as we are now 5 days post airing so I am not wrapping anything in spoiler tags.

It feels like we have been waiting forever for this final season so although the remaining episodes are in limited supply it feels very fitting that the first episode would be spent bringing everyone together. We had a bit of it in the finale of the last season with the Starks coming together and they have built on that with all the good guys being in the same place; even Jamie.
As always there are lots of little stories on the go and we are being teased with certain reactions and emotions to things. On the plus side I enjoyed seeing Rob build on his relationship with Daenerys and the dragons. In terms of the little things which can throw a spanner in the works, Sam looked too upset and angry over the news of his father and brother's death and I am wondering if he is going to try and get some vengeance by poisoning Daenerys or something. It will be an interesting twist, especially if Jon has to kill him to protect her, but I'll be annoyed because it is totally unrealistic. Like Tyrion, Sam has known nothing but resentment from his father all his life and should be happy that he is now out of the picture. More importantly though, I am dying to see what happens with Sansa and Daenerys. You can tell by the way she talks and her facial expressions that Sansa hates Daenerys and things are going to go one of two ways; Sansa is going to learn to like and respect her as everyone else has or something is going to happen where she feels betrayed and she is going to want to do something about it. Although Daenerys has got the Unsullied and all the guards around her, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that something can happen if Sansa wants it to. The North is united behind her and there are plenty of people in Winterfell who will risk their lives if they think they are doing the right thing.

I think the next episode is going to be intense. I know it is only episode 2 but without giving any spoilers away I am sure it is the episode which contains the longest battle scene ever recorded. Make sure you have got your snacks and nibbles ready!!!
Some interesting thoughts General as its episode one was akin to "The board is set and the pieces are moving" ready for the great battle that is to come.

Obviously the north is very unwelcoming to outsiders given their reactions in this episode but that is nothing new.

Not sure l would worry much about Sam as l personally think he will come round pretty quickly and personally l cannot see him poisoning Daenerys.

Obviously Sansa and Daenerys are not bosom buddies and l think one of those will die in a future episode.

Obviously Jamie turns up later in the episode and he has far more enemies then friends.

l think Bran Stark has a huge role to play in future episodes.

Also what type of part does the Winterfell crypts play as l think it will play a significant part personally.

What will Cersei and her new found Golden Company do.

Obviously episode two will give us far more clues then the opening episode that much is clear as that was very much a teaser.