View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 07:57   #5133
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Incidentally ... while I stand by my view that broadcast TV will still be alive and kicking 10 years from now, personally I’ve not watched a minute of broadcast TV in the last several months now. I’m entirely consumed by Netflix and Amazon Prime, the latter in particular at the moment because they’ve just released a ton of box sets of stuff I’ve never seen but have long wanted to. I’ve binged my way right through SHIELD, I’m working on Arrow, BSG and Farscape, and the family’s all watching Glee. Back on Netflix I’m working my way through The Umbrella Academy and my watch list is as long as my arm but none of it is child friendly so my viewing hours are limited.

Ironically it’s my kids who turn the Freesat box on... when they have nothing particular in mind they still turn to CBBC.
I do agree that once you get into Netflix and Amazon, it draws you in!

Although my 8 year old grandson does still watch live TV such as Nikelodeon, he does more often go to Netflix, and in fact Netflix is practically all the 13 year old will watch.

Our youngest, at 4, is either watching DVDs or Netflix most of the time, as well as some kids' stuff on the Roku!

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
There’s a difference between building a business model around it and a small proportion of subscribers doing something.

Netflix are going to have a hard time paying their debt mountain, something like $200 per subscriber, if the average subscriber is only taking the service for 2-3 months a year. The bread and butter of all these businesses is all year round subscriptions.
To be honest, most people do not change subscriptions all the time, but a minority do. I think most people will subscribe to a small number of services that meet their needs.