View Single Post
Old 14-04-2019, 21:31   #5132
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
And yet that's exactly what some people do now. As subscriptions are not tied to one year contracts, clearly their business models do allow for people to dip in and out as they wish.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

I don't buy it, Den. Netflix now has plenty of original material on it and that is certainly all I ever watch, apart from the occasional film.

I don't pay good money for the purpose of watching repeats, and judging by the amount of criticism the BBC has received over the years for the number of repeats it shows, I would imagine many people agree with me.

Those who like watching repeats need look no further than the UKTV channels.
Incidentally ... while I stand by my view that broadcast TV will still be alive and kicking 10 years from now, personally I’ve not watched a minute of broadcast TV in the last several months now. I’m entirely consumed by Netflix and Amazon Prime, the latter in particular at the moment because they’ve just released a ton of box sets of stuff I’ve never seen but have long wanted to. I’ve binged my way right through SHIELD, I’m working on Arrow, BSG and Farscape, and the family’s all watching Glee. Back on Netflix I’m working my way through The Umbrella Academy and my watch list is as long as my arm but none of it is child friendly so my viewing hours are limited.

Ironically it’s my kids who turn the Freesat box on... when they have nothing particular in mind they still turn to CBBC.