View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 22:36   #157
trebor
Inactive

Services: DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP
trebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud of
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdean
1)Sorry but it is with sky you pay to the end of the month if you cancel something- with Ntl it happened straight away
2) 20 favorites and toggle thro' using the blue on sky versus actually organising them in the order you want - you are having a laugh
3) Ok the red dot is most annoying on sky sports- but it infests all $ky output because they are desparate to get you spending £400 pa
4) What 'loads more movie channels'- the same sky movie channels are on Ntl, the same film 4 and its channels and even the same tcm

I cant see how like for like you are saving anything if you have to pay bt's 9.50 line rental which is free with NTL (if you take tv)

As for the services work.. well the box crashes every now and then - but so do all three sky boxes I have had - other than that - you press the button and the red dot free picture emerges

NTL win easily ....for now

1) LOL you are joking, NTL wanted us to pay for the month after they came and collected the stb. with sky we just rang them and said remove the sports package and they did, it was gone. we spent 6 months trying to get NTL to remove a package. sky win that one no questions.

2) don't know about the 20 favorites I have not run out of slots in the personal planner yet.

3) the red dot has not annoyed me yet. where as NTL's red button never worked.

4) movie channels, we now have at least 12 (I ain't counted them all) we didn't have any with NTL except front row pay stuff. the sky tv package have does cost less than we were paying NTL.

when we had ntl tv. phone and broadband the bill was £80 a month when they could get it right, the phone was the only part that always worked as it should.
now got pipex, sky and BT
pipex £24 a month
sky £34 a month
bt £16 a month (payment plan)
total £74 a month, £6 cheaper than NTL and we get a service that works and includes a lot more channels and double the upload of ntl.

I don't care what you say this is my reality, sky win hands down
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote