Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2018, 19:55   #632
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
yeah sorry thats what I meant, that maybe your not seeing the true 4k picture for some reason. some people are saying they can access the feed through their TV app when its not on the list and some are saying its working on some devices, but not as intended so its giving strange colours.

its also set with different profiles so if your connection isnt good enough it drops to a lower standard.

yeah I dont blame you about samsung, they are a one of the worst I have ever encountered and wont ever buy another samsung product of any variety.

your TV does support HLG, just not in the streaming variety that iplayer use! it should be okay on a regular transmission if what I read was true.

the picture at full 4k is a lot better, especially if you switch about between the HD version.
If some TVs support HLG via a channel but not the streaming kind. I wonder what the missing element is? What don't they have.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote