View Single Post
Old 14-08-2008, 19:34   #14051
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

I have to go to work now but I will update the NoDPI web site tomorrow with the details of the call.

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
The legal position is he/jurnos can't use them, he can legitimately say he was recording for research purposes only, they cannot publish quotes or the gist of the conversation. As I said there are exceptions to this rule, you could agrue it's in the public interest for instance however given the nature of the campaign imo it's morally suspect to put one group of peoples right to privacy above anothers.
Actually he gave his informed consent for me to quote him. And this is not about "one group of people's right to privacy" the police have no right to privacy they are a public authority and everything they do is open to public inquiry (which is why Freedom of Information Act exists). if it had been a private conversation about something not related to a public matter (such as how his holiday was or how his kids are) that would be afforded a right to privacy, but not something he says as part of his official role as a police officer.

Oh and furthermore, I made it very clear to him during the conversation that the reason for my call was because the press/media and public have been asking for an update on the case, so frankly he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

There is a huge difference.

Alexander Hanff