View Single Post
Old 14-08-2008, 18:16   #14047
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Did you inform the officer that you were recording the call? If you didn't and make the information avaliable you are breaking the RIPA act 2000 there are exceptions to the act but would you really be willing to run the risk especially as the whole basis of your agrument is based on privacy, does he deserve none then?

Of course I could be wrong and you informed him he was being taped and the officer concerned is just very dim.
Actually it is nothing to do with RIPA as RIPA covers interception. the regulations which cover recording phone calls are DPA not RIPA and DPA does not include organisations/companies or public authorities, only individuals. I did my home work on this before recording the call.

Any individual may record a conversation with a company/organisation or public authority without needing to inform them, the other way round though (company, public authority or organisation recording the call, needs consent).

Alexander Hanff