View Single Post
Old 25-07-2008, 00:47   #12695
warescouse
cf.addict

warescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nicewarescouse is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
Oh yes. Yes indeedy. And they deny everything.

Then they revealed that they had done a 'lab' trial. But they won't reveal what content was used to test that lab trial.

And the transparent proxies they were using up until 2007, or at least, the ones Alex Brown denied explicitly in 2006 but VM now admit were present, were nothing to do with Phorm. Supposedly.
I relied heavily on Robin Walkers web pages for quite some time pre 2006/7. As far as I was aware we did have transparent proxies. For a very long period of time my default proxy would not ever let me go to www.ebuyer.com without blank pages and very slow browsing. Every other website in the world worked fine as far as I was concerned. I could get around it by hard wiring another NTL proxy into my browser rather than my default. I reported it to NTL many times and spent many an hour trying to explain that their cache of ebuyer.com was corrupt to their support to no avail. (Their scripted replies at the time became very tedious!). Eventually I actually reported the problem directly (although sarcastically) to Ebuyer themselves and it got fixed about a month later. Co-incidence I wondered at the time?

With Phorm/WebWise in place a rogue operator could actually have the power of putting rivals off-line if they so desired.

Hence the great need for accountability.