View Single Post
Old 25-07-2008, 01:36   #12694
gnilddif
Inactive

gnilddif is on a distinguished roadgnilddif is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
I'm gonna step in at this point (probably making myself even more unpopular in the process ) and say that I tend to agree. My suggestion would be that the whole technical discussion of tracerouting etc should be held in a different thread to avoid diluting this one and making it impossible to pick out the facts pertinent to the Phorm discussion.

If people then want to go away and spend the next 6 months tracerouting every connection that their systems make until they find something Phorm related then that's fine, and I'll look forward to hearing about it in this thread when there's something conclusive to hear
I certainly won't be doing that for the next 6 months Rob ;-)
I'm just a techno-semi-illiterate and it seemed a good chance to briefly pick up on something that arose.
As a BT customer who has been lied to and whose PII has been compromised by BT inadequacies I am deeply suspicious of anything they say, and wish to forearm myself. I think questions on this forum about how to understand, recognise and interpret BT network traceroutes are very relevant.
gnilddif