View Single Post
Old 27-02-2019, 12:58   #607
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Thanks for the link , 12 months availability on iPlayer after broadcast would be very welcome.
I think so too. I will certainly record less as a result of such a decision. 4 weeks is too restrictive for me.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Once again you are conflating huge cash reserves and profits for the ability to make a return on investment going forward. All of these companies have money now - the technology is there - but they don’t bid.
They are not going to sink a shedload of money into it until superfast broadband is rolled out over the whole country. That's all that appears to be stopping them. Once they have the reach, watch this space.

Do I actually need to mention to you that the Britbox UK announcement is further evidence that on demand viewing/streaming is the future of TV? I still don't think you see it, do you, despite the substantial amount of evidence out there?