Thread: Siesta time
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 10:43   #1
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Siesta time

I don't have a link as I read on BBC site for newspaper headlines and the article is on the Telegraph (paywall) but to summarise; research in Greece has shown that it's not just the Med diet that can improve your heart but coupling that with having a siesta - 40-60 mins - after lunch.

The figures quoted in what I can read are that siesting adults of 62 with high blood pressure had 4% lower BP. This could lead to a reduction of 10% in heart attack risk comparable with low doses of medication.

There are multiple links of various ages suggesting that this isn't new, e.g. https://www.olivetomato.com/live-lon...yle-take-naps/

And I believe some Japanese companies even provide "pillows" so staff can nap at desk. There are lots of adds for "Public Nap Pillows".

But with the daft work "ethic" in northern Europe some are lucky to get time for lunch let alone lunch + nap.