Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 18:36   #4518
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Trouble is, as Brexiters have eventually realised, all exit options are considerably worse than we have now. This has caused them to steadily implode in a puff of reality...
Tosh.

This isn’t Brexit.

The only way Brexit could be delivered, without a load of fudge, was/is to leave on a hard Brexit and negotiate our future relationship from outside the EU.

The problem we have here is that May ( to her credit I suppose) has tried to deliver Brexit for everyone including the 48%, but instead has delivered Brexit for no one.

There is no way any form of Brexit can be delivered by March 19.

The deal will be voted down, then power reverts to Parliament and they’ll propose god knows what.

A second referendum at the end of January will probably happen.

But importantly the questions of this referendum have to be.

1. hard Brexit no deal
2. Remain

And absolutely not.

1. May’s deal
2. Remain

As the second choice is not really a choice at all.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Private Member’s Bills?

Literally any MP, including opposition MPs, can introduce legislation.
Introduce, yes.

But there has to be the will of Parliament for anything to happen.

I “introduce” to my boss what I think I should be paid every year, but if he doesn’t Have the will to agree with me. That’s where it ends.