View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 09:35   #96
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb View Post
Yeah, as an avid racing fan, I know the courses on both channels. It was disappointing that Chelmsford (Origianally known as Great Leighs) jumped ship to RacingTV after all the support from ATR through the dark days before it re-opened as Chelmsford.
Yes l am surprised that Fred Done came to the decision to move to Racing TV.

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Quote:
I have no doubt some of the tracks that are able to switch to Sky Sports Racing will do in time. SkySportsRacing just need to entice higher profile courses with Grade 1 races, both Flat and NH, and who knows, the gates will open. I should add, i have no angst with RacingTV. As far as I am concerned, it is healthy competition.
No l certainly don't have anything against Racing TV but a 80lb gorilla has now entered the race and they don't like finishing second to no one so l expect some big courses in time to cross the divide.

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

Quote:
If there was only one Racing Channel as there was in the past, with the amount of race meetings on some days, they just wouldn't cope with just one channel, it would have to be across at least 2 channels, just like Australia.They have Sky Thoroughbred Central along with Sky Racing 1 and Sky Racing 2, which covers most of the racing across Australia. There is also Racing.Com which covers racing run by the Victoria Racing Club

Trev
Funny such is my increasing old age l remember the old Racing channel before there was Attheraces and Racing UK.

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Quote:
If there was only one Racing Channel as there was in the past, with the amount of race meetings on some days, they just wouldn't cope with just one channel, it would have to be across at least 2 channels, just like Australia.They have Sky Thoroughbred Central along with Sky Racing 1 and Sky Racing 2, which covers most of the racing across Australia. There is also Racing.Com which covers racing run by the Victoria Racing Club

Trev
Yes it is certainly hard to fit all the meetings onto one channel especially when there is also Irish , French , USA , Australian as well as some other racing jurisdictions.