View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 20:17   #91
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Coming back to your original post Trev here is the list of British Racecourses and there are quite a few independent racecourses on that list and l would say most of these in time in regard to their TV media rights will sign up with Sky.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...sh_racecourses
Yeah, as an avid racing fan, I know the courses on both channels. It was disappointing that Chelmsford (Origianally known as Great Leighs) jumped ship to RacingTV after all the support from ATR through the dark days before it re-opened as Chelmsford.

I have no doubt some of the tracks that are able to switch to Sky Sports Racing will do in time. SkySportsRacing just need to entice higher profile courses with Grade 1 races, both Flat and NH, and who knows, the gates will open. I should add, i have no angst with RacingTV. As far as I am concerned, it is healthy competition.
If there was only one Racing Channel as there was in the past, with the amount of race meetings on some days, they just wouldn't cope with just one channel, it would have to be across at least 2 channels, just like Australia.They have Sky Thoroughbred Central along with Sky Racing 1 and Sky Racing 2, which covers most of the racing across Australia. There is also Racing.Com which covers racing run by the Victoria Racing Club

Trev
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote