Thread: British culture
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2021, 20:11   #72
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: British culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I come from the position that democracy is used by the causes of those that will abolish democracy. See Hitler and Mugabe for obvious details and various rigged elections elsewhere.. There is no guarantee that it won't happen again and I can only see one loosely democratic Muslim country. My fears are not irrational, albeit if the materialise it's well into the future.

There is no different class of British citizen in my mind. Citizenship and culture are very different things. At the moment, British culture dominates and, naturally, it unquestionably tolerates other cultures. It's just that I feel that a particular culture, when in power, is unlikely to tolerate minority cultures.

You appear, in support of your argument that a minority may have too much power in the future in the U.K., use as examples two dictators who, in order to gain power, used the proposition that minorities had too much power in their countries - did you really mean to do this?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote