View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 11:31   #3451
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A19 View Post
Hello,

I’m not sure if this belongs here, but I thought making a new thread would be unnecessary. I’ve had a Tivo 500GB box for a few years, and intend to upgrade to a V6 box. It’s always been my understanding that the customer rents the equipment from VM. Ideally I would like to keep the Tivo as I still have a number of programmes left to watch. I believe that by connecting both boxes to my router, I can watch shows stored on the Tivo on the V6?

I’m a bit confused, because I assume VM will ask for the Tivo box back, if I upgrade to the V6 as it is rented? And how does activating the V6 come into this - wouldn’t that deactivate the Tivo and render it useless? Assuming I can keep the Tivo to watch shows I have left over, would VM charge me extra per month? I’ve asked VM themselves in much simpler terms, and they didn’t have any answers, which was great...
As JB says.

I wouldn't call the VM boxes rented though you get them as part of the service.