View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 08:11   #15
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Crackdown as the number of homes without a TV licence increases to 7%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Apparently, the reason given for any evidence from detector vans never being submitted to a court is because the defence would then be able to question this evidence and this would reveal how they work. As they don't want this to get out, it's never included when prosecuting.

As for whether they are real or not, I think it's a bit of both. I know a trustworthy person who says he's been in one, but that they are extremely expensive to kit out. It's widely believed that most of them are dummy vans and it's a fact that, whenever a real (or dummy) van is parked in an area, there is a surge in licenses purchased in the relevant area!

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

I agree. I think that petrol tax should be increased and the tax abolished. This would virtually wipe out evasion, reduce administrative costs and ensure that those who use the roads less (which is to be encouraged) pay less and those who create more wear and tear on the roads pay more.

The only problem with this is that those who have to use the roads more eg the disabled, those who live in rural areas etc would be penalised through no fault of their own. The mobility component of PIP could be increased to compensate the disabled, but I'm not sure how those who live in rural areas would be compensated.
Transferring the tax to fuel is also fairer, because this would recognise that the more you travelled, the more you paid. A disability badge could be provided to reduce the cost for disabled people, if necessary.

The tax system does need a shake up and the BBC is a good example of how it is not working and is not accepted by so many people, who either evade it altogether or are simply resentful of the charge because they don't use BBC output.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote