View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 20:49   #1475
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
LOL are you being serious ? I and many others judge on Policies not approval ratings.

So yes I can judge and he is crap, many of my US friends think he IS crap and cannot wait to see the back of him.

So who do you blame for ISIS ? Who do you blame for the very large debt he has amassed ? Who do you blame for the rise in mass homelessness especially among young people ? Who do you blame for the absolute rise in costs to Obamacare ?

For all those, I blame Obama. Thus, I judge him as a crap President.
I am not saying you're wrong for thinking he is a crap President, I obviously disagree but I can understand others think differently. I am saying that in general he is not regarded as a crap President.

As for your questions I think his biggest mistake was his handling of Syria. However the economy he inherited was terrible, months after the collapse of the banking system. The first effects of that were reported under his watch, a few months into he Presidency but the global collapse of the banking system is not the fault of the guy who arrived a few months after. The deficit has decreased since 2009 but it's higher than 2008.

I think it's very unfair to blame the massive deficit reported in 2009 on Obama. Also the debt. The debt naturally increases so long as you have a deficit. You therefore judge politicians performance on that metric by the deficit not the debt. It's as stupid as the people who say debt was increased under the Tories, of course it has, that's the nature of a deficit.

Last edited by Damien; 13-01-2017 at 23:29.