Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2021, 10:03   #508
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamDigital View Post
Yes, I wonder what will happen. Does anyone know why there are such gaps in the News EPG number range? Is it a legacy of the olden days and the multiplicity of operators (Diamond Cable etc.)?
I don't know, but it could be various things.

1) There aren't many launches in that category and spacing them out fills the allocated Category number range.

2) There have been closures over the years and the news channels don't see the point in closing gaps so long as the order doesn't change and rival channels jump ahead of them.

3) If a viewer gets the number wrong typing it in by one space, there is no channel change, so the viewer doesn't get to accidentally sample another channel and they risk losing that viewer.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

I have just noticed there a Science and Numbers/Statistics show called It's A Numbers Game on the VM Showcase channel all day. It's a bit like the Christmas Lectures crossed with How2. Dr Hannah Fry is one of the familiar faces presenting it.

Description says it "explores the unique role that maths and science play in sport".

There's a BT Sport logo in background and the presenter mentioned the broadcaster.

It's not simulcast as the show isn't on any of the BT Sport channels.

The "ad break" just called it It's A Numbers Game Showcase and put the BT and VM logos up on a slate as I was typing.