View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 10:55   #6011
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
In theory that might happen, however the apathy of customers in general will mean most will add a streamer to get content they particularly want and then fail to cancel when that ends - reviewing when they get notification of a price rise.

I cannot see Amazon adding many long term customers on the back of 2 midweek rounds of PL in December (except those detailed in previous sentence).

I suspect many will take the free month and cancel as I will do.
A good proportion of those taking the trial will decide to continue to take the service.

It seems to me that Amazon is being very cautious with the Premiership football rights. They are clearly testing the waters with a view to taking a big decision in the future. If they do take the plunge and make a serious bid against Sky and BT next time around, football fans will not be able to take their free month trial and cancel. They will sign up at least for the full season, and they will have been drawn in.

It will be very interesting to see their pricing policy if that happens.