View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 07:58   #388
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

I read an article, in the national press, within the last week - one of the streamers was quoted as saying they were not currently interested in premier league rights as the cost is way too high - to win the rights they would have to charge astronomical monthly fees to recoup their investment.

As you say it is only a matter of time before they bid for the rights (probably when sky/BT go broke) - could be 10, 20 or even 30 years time
Yes, I read that, too. The figures don't add up at the moment owing to the state of the high speed broadband rollout. Amazon and others could only make this work once everyone has access to this, unless it decides also to create its own conventional broadcast channels as well.

---------- Post added at 07:53 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have been watching that space for many a year and apart from a receding of the hair and a receding of the brain not a lot of really changed and nor will it long into the future in regard to Linear TV.
The past is not the future, Den. You know the timescales, I've repeated this often enough.

---------- Post added at 07:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Is that not what you said once or twice before.
You'd soon point it out if I wasn't consistent.