View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 04:24   #67
AlanYork
Inactive

AlanYork is on a distinguished roadAlanYork is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

My billing credit has run out with VM now and I am free to leave at any time. I had a lot of credit put onto my bill for NTL's appalling service which I won't bore you with details of.

I've been offered a great package deal to stay with VM, it really is better than I would ever get from Sky. So I was persuaded to give VM one last try and much against my better judgement I agreed to give them one more month. I'd lost count of the number of incorrect bills I have had, it's got to the point where even the British staff can't work out what's gone wrong anymore.

Part of the offer was that there would be no repetition of the constant incorrect billing. I would get two correct bills a month and no more mistakes.

My broadband bill arrived the other day. Should have been for £17. Simple enough you would think. I opened it up.....it's for £19.46. Called up VM, spoke to a woman who could barely speak English. I don't say that for exageration, she really couldn't speak it well at all and kept calling me "Mr Alan". Alan is my Christian name. Eventually after insisting on speaking to somebody in customer services, the nice English lady looked at the bill and said she "hadn't a clue" as to why I'd been charged that.

At the same time, the Indian woman rung me on my mobile, asked to speak to "Mr Alan" again and then her next line was "I'm not sure why I've rung you Mr Alan".

I kid you not. You couldn't make this up. I don't even get angry anymore, it is pathetic, just comical. All they have to do is send me a bill for £17 for BB and a seperate bill which is the combined cost of my line rental, TV and Talk Unlimited 24, add on the cost of any international calls I make and there you are.

They just can not do it. They are not capable of doing maths that a first year pupil at secondary school could do. I don't know why, but there you are.
AlanYork is offline   Reply With Quote