Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 20:19   #7348
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It patently isn’t. A seatbelt restricts social contact in a car no more than being in the car does. A crash helmet is worn in situations where no social contact is occurring at all. A mask over half the face and muffling conversation in situations where such things are important is obviously very different.

Your point about ventilators and death is precisely the hysteria we need to be avoiding. Yes, protection wanes, as it does for all vaccines against these sorts of infections. There is a role in this for booster vaccination but also for repeated natural exposure to the virus in the wild. In the meantime, the fear of something awful happening carries a bigger health risk for some than the thing itself.

I fear that as a nation we are losing our sense of proportion and our ability to assess risk.

It patently is, just you don’t see the circumstances to match, I’ve done thousands of miles riding across both the U.K. and europe on the bike in convoy two abreast, plenty of times at speeds where I could of had a conversation with the rider next to me. But I wear a lid, why? Because if I come off or someone hits me it significantly reduces my chances of severe injury or death.

My point about ventilators/deaths isn’t hysteria it’s fact. there are still too many people who are falling seriously ill and dying from this disease.

Now, I can appreciate and agree that lockdowns and a lot of other restrictions are damaging both to the individual and to the country as a whole but at the time were necessary. Hopefully they won’t be again.

Wearing a mask really isn’t. However, it’s the individuals choice. All I did was as answer the question posed.