View Single Post
Old 20-08-2016, 22:59   #8
S_james

Re: New SkyQ packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
That had to be the worst install ever

All that should have been required was a swap of the LNB ,connect the main box and set up then connect the mini box and set up then demonstrate the product .

What actually happened was after swapping the LNB and connecting the main box there was no picture ,engineer tried all settings he could think of but still no picture so went to the van for another box assuming the first was faulty ,this happened twice more eventually the engineer found some HDMI settings that when changed allowed a picture so he packed up the other 2 boxes and returned them to his van .At this point 2 hrs had passed and he noticed that there was satellite signal so he assumed the LNB was faulty and proceeded to change that ,still no signal so he moved the dish to a higher position tested the LNB at the dish and success ,he said there was signal. He then proceeded to connect the cable to the box but no signal so he tested the cable and it said there was a signal but the box said there wasn't so he went back to his van for another box and tried that ,still no signal so he phoned his boss to cancel the rest of his jobs that afternoon ,he then proceeded to change the cable and finally we had a signal .He arrived at my house at 1pm and left at 5:40pm .I don't know if he was just unlucky or his process of elimination to find faults was the problem but it wasn't very good considering we had a perfect sky+HD service when he arrived .

One thing to beware of when having SkyQ installed is to make sure your HDMI settings on Panasonic vierra tv's are set to regular and not enhanced ,this may apply to other models also .I did not even know that setting was available as it's not even in the instruction book .

Also i am a bit confused about the UHD ability .SkyQ is HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0 ,my tv is HDMI 2.0 4K UHD so what is the difference and what will the best picture quality i can expect from Sky Q .
Might it have been worth asking such questions BEFORE your install?