View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 11:54   #787
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Ok they really dont know there arses from there faces

So even though you opt out Virgin Media will still receive the data stream and will know Exactly what you are doing at any time.

So in my eyes the OPT OUT from this SPYWARE is no such thing. VIRGIN will still be able to track you every move. ?

Anything whats so bloody ever. Virgin Bloody Media
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Well done Talk Talk for having the balls to listen to your customers

Off course VM will not say anything because they don't have the brain cells to work out that the quote above is what we want to hear. They will blindly carry on committing self destruction over this and forcing everyone into a OPT OUT situation by the stupid cookie system or the preferred for me option of total disconnection of all Virgin Media Services
Good news Sirius, but help me out here. In your top quote, when you still hated the fact that according to the opinions of some, and none from VM, they would still collect your browsing data, even after you opted out.....how is that different from Talk Talk?

Keep in mind also that both BT and Talk Talk have commited to trials which means installation of their equipment inside their network edge, that is why their logo's are on the Webise page, VM have not, they are only looking at the proposal.

Or were you just agreeing that Talk Talk made it an opt-in service?

Couple of questions then.

Would you go to Talk Talk now that they have made this opted in?

Would you stay with VM if they also went opt in only?

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traduk View Post
The announcement by Talk Talk needs IMO to be read in the context of purely what is says and what it doesn't say.

They state very clearly that they are committed to the trial from which it can be assumed that a contractual obligation exists which would be financially painful to them should they not proceed.

The statement regarding opt-in must be viewed ONLY with regards to the trial and trialists because that is all the statement truly relates to and has no relevance to what might happen with a general roll-out.

IMO they have hedged their bets very neatly and pushed into the future any decision on whether it's a failure and we will not implement or it's the best thing since sliced bread therefore everyone must have it and it's opt-out.

I suspect that this is a clever ploy to buy time and let the furore settle down and will probably be adopted by the other ISP's. It does open another avenue of approach for Talk Talk users which is that if the Phorm system can be totally by-passed in a trial then by default it must be possible if the profiler is implemented on a permanent basis. If the ISP subsequently chooses that opt-out is the way to go then they become accountable for that choice.

And you can bet there are a raft of other ISP's waiting to add this to their system. Reminds me of Sky going to google mail for its customers.....and the mess they made of that.