View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 09:37   #841
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I certainly did not!
Ok, I accept that you didn't mean it as I took it, sorry.

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Content creators, be they big TV production companies, songwriters or authors, don't like others taking credit for their work. If the Harry Potter novels were published in other countries with another author's name on the book cover, no matter if JK Rowling was getting her fair cut of profits I'm sure she wouldn't be happy about it.

It's one thing with calling something Exclusive, customers understand that wording, it's rarely used in a completely misleading way. I have no problem with that word.

"Original" however is taking credit, and suggests ultimate sole responsibility, and that's not OK for an import, or a co-production. It's deceiving their customers. It's like Waterstones acting like the books they sell they had a creative hand or they were responsible for discovering/nurturing the author rather than the publisher/agent.
Are they perhaps calling them Netflix Originals because they commissioned the work? I don't know, but I have not heard the creators moan about this, so I assume they are not that unhappy about it.

Although it has struck a chord with some of you on this forum, I don't expect most people really care. They see the show is only on that platform and decide accordingly. It is up to the creators to object if they don't like the term. The rest of us can sleep easy in our beds.