Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2021, 20:03   #7665
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why are you so obsessed with government control, Andrew? Stop pulling your hair out about the number of infections. The higher it rises, the more immunity in the country will be strengthened.

The PM has already said that the criteria for measures being reintroduced is whether the NHS can cope, and at present it is, because the vaccines are working.

Mask wearing is not effective. The masks we buy in the shops are not surgical masks, people don’t wear them correctly and those that do can be seen with the masks gapping when they should completely seal the face.

The concentration should be on stepping up on the vaccinations and monitoring hospital admissions and lengths of stay.
I said "infections, deaths and hospitilisations". It suits no one to discard the rise in the latter two.

I also said "measures like a return to mask-wearing" as an example of some of the measures we previously had. I didn't intend to trigger the mask-wearing debate again - plenty of independent studies answer this question better than me or you ever can.

I'm sure hospitlisations and their duration are monitored and obviously the booster vaccinations need to be rolled out as quickly as possible. The question is: Will we need to do more so that we don't top the wrong charts in Europe?